We are so incredibly grateful to everyone who donates, volunteers or runs fundraising events on our behalf. Our supporters are vital to us achieving our vision of a future where a diagnosis of a rare genetic condition will not be a barrier to experiencing everything that life has to offer – most importantly enjoying time together as a family.
Because of this we would like to keep in touch with you so that we can let you know what we are up to, to thank you for your help and to share the stories of the families you’ve supported. We also want you to know when we need your help and what you can do – but it’s really important to us that you choose how we contact you, that we are transparent about how we use your donations, and that you know your information is safe with us.
So here is our promise to you:
Our communications with you
- We promise, if you give us your contact details, we will only send you things you tell us you are interested in and in the way you wish to hear from us. If you don’t want to hear from us anymore, you can opt out at any time.
- We are sensitive when engaging with individuals who may be vulnerable and all third party agencies and volunteers are expected to follow our Safeguarding Policy.
Your donation or the money you have raised
- We promise any donation you make to us will be used as you intend it to be, handled responsibly and put to the best use for the families we are here to help.
- We keep our administration costs to a minimum without compromising the quality of The Sandcastle Trust’s work, so as much of your donation as possible will be spent directly on supporting families affected by rare genetic conditions.
- We are always happy to answer any question you have about how your donation is spent and we will provide clear financial information via our website and our annual review so you can see how your money is being spent.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- The Sandcastle Trust is voluntarily registered with the Fundraising Regulator, as part of our commitment to the highest standards in fundraising. We follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Promise as well as their code of Fundraising Practice.
Our use of your personal details
- We promise to protect your information and that your right to confidentiality will be respected at all times.
- We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
- We fully comply with all relevant laws including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, the Telephone Preference Agency and HM Revenue & Customs rules.
If we don’t get it right
- If you’re ever unhappy, for any reason, we want to know about it so that it can be addressed as soon as possible. Please contact us on 01737 559 317 or via email email@example.com.
- If your complaint relates to fundraising, and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction, you can refer it to the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising of which The Sandcastle Trust is a member.